I (30M) have a nationality that paints a completely different personality than I do. How can I avoid this from affecting my dates? - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

I (30M) have a nationality that paints a completely different personality than I do. How can I avoid this from affecting my dates?

I live in a different country were I was born and raised, however my nationality is strongly associated with behaviors and habits that are quite opposite of what I am.

One day I was texting a woman who was very interested in me and we set up a date. She appeared to check all my personality traits that I would love on a date and we shared many views, so I thought that the date was promising. However as we texted, I never bothered to mention where I was born (and I can write the language very well, my name is quite universal and I'm my skin color matches the typical local one) and when we met, she immediately noticed my accent, then she immediately started to ask everything that I don't associate with (because, I guess, she thought I was playing a game) or asking if I wanted to come back to my home country later on so the date was mostly about defending myself against that and she texted me later saying she wasn't interested on me, abruptly ending what appeared to be a very promising date.

A couple women I dated also mentioned that my accent was too apparent (and maybe also something else) and one girlfriend broke up with me because her father didn't believe we would be happy together because of the cultural differences (I guess she also believed in that a little).

My mother suggested to setup dates with women from my country, but I hardly believe that the logistics will work (my country is 12 hours flight away) and when I did dated in my country, I never felt any connection exactly because of these cultural differences that I don't identify with.

I was thinking on get rid of my accent and never reveal my nationality until asked, but I guess that they will ask where do my parents live, so this will be a quick giveaway.

TL;DR: How to convince women that my nationality has nothing to do with who I am?

submitted by /u/gabrieldiegoteixeira
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice http://bit.ly/2ShoAQe
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages