Am I expecting too much? - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Am I expecting too much?

I (35M) have been dating a girl (33F) for around oh, about 2 and a half months now, and I feel like the 'spark' has already faded. One of my (I guess the biggest) bugbears is she no longer seems to have an interest in me. She's always fulsome in her praise of my appearance, or our sex life, and we both profess to be in love but her conversation material, such as it is, has devolved into repeated "what are you up to?" questions, and random comments about her day.

When we first started talking, we had long, deep, conversations about topics like life, love, and the universe. We were texting each other constantly, like every 10 minutes, even when we were both at work. I felt such a connection with her, and she claimed to feel the same. Now I get a handful of texts throughout the day, and the conversations are very droll. I'm still very much interested in her, and I ask her all sorts of questions about her life, and her thoughts. She's happy to wax lyrical about herself but when I think (hope), she'll reciprocate, she never does, like...what?

Call me paranoid but I believe she feels she's got "the best" of me already, and is merely keeping me on 'retainer'. I've tried commenting around the issue before but she immediately becomes defensive, calls me "whiny" or says "this again?". She hasn't spoken much today because she's been 'busy' with work. I've been hoping she'd send me a nice, or thought-provoking message. Instead, hours later, I get a message about a random Pokemon she got on Pokemon Go, and I was fuming.

I'm starting to get fed up now of just feeling like a curio, or a talking dick for her. Am I expecting too much?

submitted by /u/Vyzantinist
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice http://bit.ly/2SeRnVs
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages