How to help someone who is anxious about going out with you? - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Sunday, November 29, 2020

How to help someone who is anxious about going out with you?

I (25F) just started talking to a new guy (31M) a few weeks ago. He’s really sweet and kind and has commented on how he enjoys talking to me and said he had goosebumps from the number of things we have in common. I really don’t know him well because we haven’t had any dates yet. I had given him an “out” a few times saying if he didn’t feel comfortable because of covid I understood, and specifically said if he didn’t want to hang out to let me know. He said covid doesn’t do anything for him and expressed multiple times that he would “love” to get together.

Every time we try to make plans he never follows through with them. He’ll initiate by saying we should get together, are you available tonight, etc. But then when I say yes and try to make more concrete plans, he ghosts me until the next day. Then I get an apology text with a little more about his story. The first time it happened he told me he wanted me to know that he got out of a relationship that was more than a decade. Another time, he said he sometimes won’t open texts for a while because of anxiety. Then it was that he went to bed early because his sleep schedule was messed up. And most recently it was a detailed message about how he’s in constant depression and anxiety and it’s a challenge to survive.

I’m trying to be patient but it’s hard getting my hopes up every time he asks “what about tonight?”

I told him we’ll find a time and place that makes him feel comfortable. I asked if there was anything I could do to help. What else can I do?

submitted by /u/dannienicole
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/2VercxU
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages