Friend won't stop telling me I'll find someone - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Thursday, August 1, 2024

Friend won't stop telling me I'll find someone

My entire life boys and men have never liked me. No one ever asked me to be their girlfriend all throughout k-12th grades. My female friends and family all tell me I'm really pretty and kind and funny but the truth is I've always been overweight. Even when I was a kid I wasn't fat but I was always taller and built bigger than my petite friends. I never could share clothes with anyone. But by highschool I was a size 16 and I'm the 90s I might as well have been 600lbs. No one wanted to date the fattest girl in highschool! Or in college. At parties I managed to find men that were drunk enough to have one night stands with me but still no boyfriends. I met my husband when some friends pushed us to be together. He was 23 and had never had a girlfriend. He wasn't attractive but he was funny and he really really liked me. So for the first time ever someone was interested so I rode that train all the way to my forties. But he was also abusive so I had to leave. Now my friend keep telling me how wonderful and beautiful I am but it's been two years and no one wants to date me again. I'm getting mad at my friends because I know they are lying to me to hype me up but it's causing a cognitive dissonance that's making me want to hurt myself. I have terrible depression again after trying to date. No one wants me but my friends won't listen and it's hurting my relationships. How do I get them to stop?

submitted by /u/Scared_Examination_2
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/IX61Upc
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages