Where do I fall short? - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Saturday, August 31, 2024

Where do I fall short?

I'm a 189cm (6'2"), 108kg (238 pounds), 27 yo guy. I have my own apartment, which while small I try to keep nicely decorated. I have my own car and while I'm not rich, I also don't have any money struggles right now. I've been going to the gym 3-4x per week for a little less than a year. I'm at ~20-25% body fat, but I have a somewhat athletic build which makes me seem not so fat. I try to maintain personal hygiene and take care of my appearance and I like to dress nice. I've been told that I'm handsome, charming and that I dress nice, by a few women (that I'm not related to) in my life, some of them even said they're jealous of my eyes and eyelashes. I love drawing, reading books, watching movies, playing guitar, talking walks, cooking and exploring and trying out new things in general.

I've had one girlfriend so far and that is only because she made it pretty obvious that she likes me. After I broke up with her I went on a little self improvement journey and fast forward 5 years, I now think I'm an "ok catch". My confidence/self esteem is pretty good in most areas of my life except when it comes to asking girls out. I used to be a fat kid so I had very bad experiences with asking them out in my teens. I'm don't think I'm socially awkward, I can have conversations with strangers if I really try and find a common interest we can talk about. I have no trouble talking to women that I don't find attractive. I actually have 3 female coworkers and we talk and banter almost every day and my job has me interact with women on a somewhat regular basis (I work in tourism).

Could my low self esteem and confidence when it comes to approaching attractive girls that I don't personally know really be the sole reason I can't seem to find someone for me?

submitted by /u/Professional-Peak207
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/rmZwjRd
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages