Splitting the Bill - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Friday, August 16, 2024

Splitting the Bill

Went on a nice first date (a walk together) and we seemed to click, but when I mentioned my income things changed. I'm someone who's always offered to split the bill, I make a decent income and it really is no big deal. However, on our first date he mentioned how he did not make a bunch of money, but if he ever invited me out to eat I could expect him to pay. I didn't really care either way, but I thought it was a sweet statement as I had mentioned how people often expect me to pay because of my job title. We got to talking about our jobs and I mentioned that I make a decent income and am able to support myself. We ended the date on a good note, but now for the second date (dinner) which he invited me on, he randomly messaged me saying we can split the bill and that it'll make me "feel independent". This really took me aback because I've never dated someone who needed to establish this far in advance of the date, and it was a total 180 from what he'd been telling me on the first date. I decided to just cancel out of concern that assumptions were being made about my financial situation because of my current job, and because I felt if he is so concerned about his finances he might not be in a position to be dating, or at least inviting people out to dinners. How should I handle situations like this in the future? I genuinely am cool splitting dates, but I don't want to feel cornered into doing so.

submitted by /u/Livid_Capital_9828
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/yWq7EtU
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages