I (30F) was interested in a guy (43M) was finally able to hang out after 2 months and he expressed jealousy that night and now I’m wondering if this is a red flag or not - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Monday, August 26, 2024

I (30F) was interested in a guy (43M) was finally able to hang out after 2 months and he expressed jealousy that night and now I’m wondering if this is a red flag or not

So I was a regular at a pub near my house. There is a guy who works there that our mutual friends were trying to set us up. I got his number and we had been texting for a while, but he was hard to read.. my friends kept saying he was extremely shy. After 1 month I finally asked if we would hang out in person ever and he said he would like that and set a “tentative” date to hang out. Well I never heard from him til midnight that day saying he was busy with his friends and just got home. I made other plans since I hadn’t heard from him. I told our mutual friends this is getting old, he is either interested or not. I get he’s shy, but he’s 43 years old. Our friends just said I might have to try harder due to how shy he is. I was like well I get he’s shy, but he’s 43 so he should know what he wants or not and it seems like he’s not interested. I’m always initiating the messages, and sure when we text he seems interested, but I’m not going to waste my time or beg for him to hang out with me. I finally get the guts to ask if he’s interested bec he’s hard to read. He never replies. A couple weeks later, I’m in the bar and he is in the back cooking. The other chef, buys me a shot and the other 2 regulars next to me. Well, this guy heard the other chef bought be a shot and so he comes out and starts talking to the regulars next to me. He doesn’t acknowledge me or say hi. I certainly was not going to because he left me on read when I asked if he was interested. Well it got awkward because we were all sitting right there so I finally say hi and he says , “who are you.” And start laughing. I’m like wow you’re an asshole and he goes yea I deserve that reply I’m just kidding idk why I said that. And he apologized for not replying to me and said he’s really shy and asked if he could buy me a beer. So i said ok and we end up hanging out that night finally after 2 months. We seemed to hit it off, but then he tells me “the other chef bought you a shot tonight and it made me so jealous. Are you interested in him too ?” I’m like what?! No he’s my friend. I’m like thinking to myself.. JEALOUS?! I can’t even get you to hang out how are you jealous! So then he said yea our friends said you had a date with someone else too. I said well yea I did. We are not exclusive and I’m interested in you, but can’t get you to hang out with me so I’m keeping my options open. I bailed on the date anyway but yea I did have one. Well now this guy is like we will def be hanging out but he keeps mentioning how he hates working with that other chef and he’s a POS and honestly the jealousy is a bit of a red flag for me and a huge turn off. The dude is my friend who bought me a shot.. Is my intuition correct in this being a red flag, or is the jealousy normal

submitted by /u/Hot_Pomegranate_992
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/KMJV4pU
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages