My (25F) Fiancée (29M) doesn’t want to get married but proposed? - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Thursday, August 15, 2024

My (25F) Fiancée (29M) doesn’t want to get married but proposed?

My Fiancée and I have been together for three years. He has two children from a previous marriage and we just had a baby. We had conversations in the past about never getting married because it wasn’t important to either of us and we knew that it wouldn’t change anything within our relationship. I assumed that was still the case until February of this year he proposed!! I was so excited and started thinking about our wedding immediately! That was until a week ago in a conversation he said that he doesn’t want to LEGALLY marry me. This confused me so I asked for him to explain further. He said that he wants the ceremony with our family and friends and wants me to change my last name BUT doesn’t want to legally get married because his last marriage was so horrible. This made no sense to me. He told me that it doesn’t change how much he loves me and wants to be with me forever. He loves our family and I have never doubted that. His reasoning seems like he’s scared that we won’t last though? Almost like it’s a safety net for if things go south between us. I have been feeling off about it but part of me thinks I shouldn’t be? I mean I still have him and he’s an amazing man to me and a great father to our kids. Signing a paper or not wouldn’t change anything between us!!! But is it strange that he’s thinking things can end badly between us?

submitted by /u/itgirl4481
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://www.reddit.com/r/dating_advice/comments/1et00um/my_25f_fiancée_29m_doesnt_want_to_get_married_but/
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages