Stop using “it’s not you, it’s me.” - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Friday, February 28, 2020

Stop using “it’s not you, it’s me.”

I (21F) was recently hit with the cliche line of “it’s not you, it’s me” by a guy I was really interested in. I thought the feeling was mutual because of the time we spent together and because of how easy it was to be together. There were a few days where he started to get distant and I could tell our relationship was about to end, and it did. He tried his best to articulate that he just wasn’t ready for a relationship, and I was completely okay with that until he said “it’s not you, it’s me. You’re a great girl with a good heart and a good direction in life. I just don’t know what I want and you can do so much better than me.”

As soon as he said that, I said “if I’m so great, why was I not enough for you?” It wasn’t me being insecure. I was just genuinely fed up with guys using the same line. And please don’t tell girls they can do better than you. Obviously a girl is with you because she wants to be WITH YOU, not another person. It’s okay to not feel the same for someone but just don’t use a cliche line when you’re trying to dump/reject them. It just makes everything hurt a lot more.

submitted by /u/blehs3
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/2T7ddde
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages