Do you really think online dating works, and how has it worked for you? - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Do you really think online dating works, and how has it worked for you?

Do you think it's a viable way to meet people during the 'Rona? What sites/apps gave you the most success? Just tell me about your love lives, honestly.

Tl; dr but I'm having "attracting only one type of person" syndrome lately, and just want to know if others are having luck out there, and where.

I (f31) am genuinely not feeling the online dating scene, or even the modern dating scene as a whole lately. I've spent most of this year thinking that my love life had to be a problem with me because I keep getting into the same situations, but despite all my improvements (such as getting in shape, adding more maturity to my look, bonding over more "grown up" hobbies) I'm still drawing in the exact same type.

I only bring in guys who want a "mommy" or bread winner wife, so they can stay home and do nothing. The guy I'm talking to now actually seemed like a winner! Has his own place, vehicle, a healthy social life....

But then the red flags pile in: -He doesn't work, and lives on disability. Not a red flag itself, but the disabilities are all mental, and he hasn't had an actual diagnosis from, you know, a DOCTOR in more than 10 years. He got on the disability by hiring a good lawyer because, and he admitted this, he didn't have enough medical records for it. -He doesn't like the concept of owning pets. Why he waited to tell me this, when I talk about my pets on my profile, and my profile picture is me and my dog, I don't even know. -He's a compulsive liar. Not the "I'm just at the office babe" kind, but the "I totally used to be a black belt in, like, 5 different martial arts, and was so good I got kicked out because the master was jealous" kind. I've even straight up called him out and he just tries to cover it with more dumb lies.

The list goes on, but I digress... I keep bringing in this type. Is it because I have a career? Do schmoozy guys just hunt you down if you have your own money and stuff?? It's so frustrating!!

submitted by /u/veebles89
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/2KuWrmi
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages