Am I allowed to not feel bad for cancelling a date? - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Monday, February 24, 2020

Am I allowed to not feel bad for cancelling a date?

Could be putting this in an AITA tbh but I figure i'll get better constructive results here.

I asked a woman out earlier last week and we talked for a bit and had a nice time. I've been dating actively so this was nothing out of the norm. Last night we were supposed to go out but something came up so we rescheduled for this evening. The issue I had that brought about cancelling was that she has previously made comments about her size and talked very negatively about it, saying things along the lines of "i hope you wont think i'm gross" "i think you'll think i'm ugly" "don't want you to be disappointed" "i'm not as pretty as my pictures." Several comments like these have been dropped periodically throughout our talking over the last week. I've always reassured her that i found her attractive and i wouldn't have matched or asked her out if I wasn't already attracted to her, she usually accepted that in the moment but would always come back around to dropping those comments.

Today during the work day it came to a head and she finally said a few things and i didn't respond because i was busy but she followed up with "i hope i didn't scare you away" to which i finally replied "you kinda have." After all the negativity that I've been more or less diligently overlooking and reassuring it just became a real drag to me, and this all before we've even met. I told her politely that i think it best that we don't see each other and she completely, for the first time, flipped the script stating that shes always positive and that it was only a momentary thing even though its been a nearly daily issue. I tried to be firm with her that i didn't feel comfortable with continuing on and wasting both our time, but shes tried to back track and get me to go. I just want to see if anyone has a clear idea of what i should or shouldn't do, to include going out tonight.

Thanks and sorry for the long post.

submitted by /u/Dont-Drone-Me-Bro
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/2TbNNdb
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages