How to explain the reason for ending the relationship to an economics nerd - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Monday, November 23, 2020

How to explain the reason for ending the relationship to an economics nerd

Long story short, I (23F) just ended an 11-month relationship with my boyfriend (26M) because we were way too incompatible. It hurt because I loved him but it had to be done because we're too different.

Backstory: He's Muslim with conservative views and I'm Catholic with liberal views. A few days ago, I asked him about whether or not the person he marries has to convert to Islam and he couldn't give me a straight answer. He said if he loved the girl enough he wouldn't make her convert. However, if his family gave him sh** for marrying a non-Muslim, he would ask them to "fake convert." I kind of felt like this was BS. Based on previous interactions with him, I noticed that he’s terribly afraid of disappointing his family (understandable). My gut instincts were telling me to get out now before I become even more invested. So I told him I can't do it anymore. He couldn't understand why I was even thinking about marriage in the first place. He's a stock market nerd, so I decided to explain it in his own language:

Me: “what’s a company you love and use everyday, but would never invest in?”

Him: “Lifetime Fitness because I love going everyday, however, Covid makes investing in gyms too risky.”

Me: “That’s exactly how I feel about this relationship”

He got kind of annoyed and said I was being too logical? But I really don't think situations like this are too logical. I'm not continuing a relationship with no future. Ladies, listen to your intuition!

submitted by /u/heatherviolet12
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/2UUe2WN
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages