Can you teach a guy to emotionally support you? - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Can you teach a guy to emotionally support you?

I met a guy who has no problem giving me gifts or asking me what I need. But he never offers me any emotional support or encouragement. He rarely says anything nice to me, giving me compliments, for instance.

At the same time, he does seem to want me. But I feel like he does not really care about me. He only cares about himself. Maybe he just likes me for the interest I show in him and the emotional support that I have to offer.

Sometimes he is affectionate at first and then acts ice cold. I'm afraid he will just leave me as soon as he sees somebody "better" than me.

I'm wondering if he is unable to be supportive on an emotional level or if he's just not that into me. How do I express this issue when he asks how he can help me? "Just be there for me"?

He has no problem to solve any issues when it comes to his business. But when it comes to me, he is completely clueless as if "being there for somebody" was a foreign concept to him.

Honestly, I don't like being asked how he can help me when I'm feeling low or sick. I mean take charge, man! You should know me well enough by now to think of something that could cheer me up or to genuinely ask me how I feel.

When you really like somebody, emotional support should come naturally. That's at least what I believe.

submitted by /u/NakovaNars
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/2L0wPhw
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages