Confused - where do I stand and what can I do to stop becoming a doormat - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Confused - where do I stand and what can I do to stop becoming a doormat

I met a guy (33) at a conference a year ago that seemed very much into me. We live in different states and have mutual friends. We reconnected a less than a month ago through a long phone call. He asked about my personal life and then mentioned that he is at the point at his life where he feels that he needs to settle down and he has to make it happen.

Since then his behavior has been very confusing to me. We have done 3 phone chats so for but he keeps disappearing. I don't hear from him at all for days and he mentions work as an excuse. He was visiting my home state and later told me that he "should" have driven 4 hours to see me and he regretted that. During our last phone chat he told me that we should talk to each other on the phone more often.

But then I didn't hear from him for a week. So I reached out and he wanted to do a phone chat but he ended up flaking.

I realize that he has very low level of interest in me. I don't want him to think of me as a doormat but what can I do to take me more seriously? I have been told that hinting that you are talking to other guys or giving ultimatums doesn't work.

Am I expecting too much from a guy that I just started talking to? Or am I some backup plan that he plans to string along?

I have anxious preoccupied style and it's very hard from me to go through this. I feel like I'm being ghosted every time he disappears but then he keeps coming back acting like he's interested in me. Part of me just wants to block him and end this misery.

Note: We are both religious minorities and trying marry someone within the same minority. LDRs are very common because it is hard for us to me someone

submitted by /u/DL_1276
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/2X0nFEm
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages