28m overcoming insecurity and trust issues with new girlfriend 25f - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Thursday, July 4, 2024

28m overcoming insecurity and trust issues with new girlfriend 25f

I started seeing a new girl a month ago. Both of us have been hurt pretty bad in the past or fucked over in previous relationships and have each expressed that it’s not easy to take walls down so fast. Despite this she is incredibly expressive about how much she likes me and how happy she is with the way things are going and how she feels like it’s just been so smooth and she feels so comfortable with me and like she can be herself.

She tells me she’s been telling her friends about how happy she is and how good it’s been. We agreed to be exclusive last Sunday. And she told me how happy she was about it and how good she felt.

However I am incredibly paranoid about being cheated on again. I got so hurt in my last relationship and a lot of that still lingers. This girl is naturally very friendly and charismatic with everyone and she’s just super open in general.

It’s to the point where I wonder if she’s out with other guys when we’re not together or if she’s just using me as a temporary thing.

Last night we were together and she was talking about how good she feels with me and I told her that I hope she doesn’t take it personally that I am slow to open up. And she asked me if I wanted to talk about it. And I basically told her that I have some trust issues because of how I got hurt before.

And she basically told me she wants me to be comfortable and wants me to tell her if there’s anything she can do to make me feel better about it and not think that way. Which was really cool.

She also mentioned that she hopes I don’t interpret her being a very charismatic person as her trying to flirt with everyone because that’s not how it is and that she’s just naturally very friendly and open with people. Which is fine.

But I can’t stop thinking about it. Like what if she just really likes attention and I’m just temporary and I’m a safe option and she’s just stringing it along until something better comes along. Or if she actually just really loves flirting with people and loves having options and would actually go behind my back and do something.

I don’t know. I’m struggling and I’m developing feelings for her and I’m nervous to let my guard down at all because I feel like the minute I do I’m gonna get hurt and some other guy is going to be in the picture.

I don’t know if I’m just being paranoid or if I’m being reasonable.

submitted by /u/Liketwentyhotdogs
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/9Zdv05c
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages