He says he wants to be my friend but will text me like he wants a boyfriend - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Thursday, July 11, 2024

He says he wants to be my friend but will text me like he wants a boyfriend

Hi!

So, I've been talking to this guy for over a month now. He's amazing, but drives me insane. Here's why....

We went on a seven and a half hour first date, he texted me when he got home, and we've texted every day since then. Not all day every day, but one of us will reach out to the other pretty much every 24 hours. And it's about everything, from what he's doing to plans he wants to make. We are super compatible, have a lot of the same interests, and he was attracted to me enough to make the first move.

The one day we didn't talk was after a fight (I know). I asked him to hang out again, and he said he was busy (he is super busy). I asked him, flat out, why he texts me all day long and talks to me like I'm his boyfriend then never asks me to hang out, or do anything. I wanted clarification about what was going on between us.

His response was basically "I do not want a relationship at this time" which makes sense, he just got out of a terrible long-term relationship, and hasn't been single since he was 17 (he's 38).

That was weeks ago. Since that fight, the daily texts have continued.

Here's where I get confused. He says things like "plants are expensive because they take time, love, and care to develop, just like relationships." He invited me to meet his friends, I went, and had a great time, even if we didn't kiss.

He's out of the country right now, and I was fully expecting him to ghost me when he went on this trip. But it's been the opposite, he messaged me the whole time he was getting ready, until he got on the plane, then double texted me when he was waiting for his layover to end.

Then, while abroad, he messaged me while he was on his way back from dinner last night. His messages aren't always flirty, but I keep getting the impression that he likes me.

He made plans with me for when he gets back.

I'm not sure what is going on. I'm not waiting around for him to decide he wants to date me by any means, but I really do like him a lot, and I think he likes me more than a friend. Mainly because I don't even text my best friends every day, why would I text some guy I've known for a few weeks every day?

He confuses me. And I know the only two things that will provide me with clarity are time and his actions, but if any of you could provide me with some insight/advice, I'd really appreciate it.

submitted by /u/littleboyblue69
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/PfWOwvL
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages