Anyone have experience with or thoughts on the phrase 'emotionally unavailable'? - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Saturday, February 1, 2020

Anyone have experience with or thoughts on the phrase 'emotionally unavailable'?

So I (19f) am a college student and was at a party on the other night where there was a guy I like (20m). I don’t know him super well but have talked to him in passing a few times. I just think he’s cute, but he is pretty introverted and kind of awkward. I decided to just say ‘fuck it’ and went up to him and said “I have a big crush on you” and he was really flustered and basically just said thanks and I appreciate that but I’m emotionally unavailable. Drunk me just accepted it and was like cool thanks for your honesty and I still think you’re cool and we should be friends and walked away. After sobering up I was thinking how weird that phrase was in that context. I would have rather he just said ‘I’m not into you’ and be done with it. At first I thought it was his way of letting me down easy, but I also am wondering if maybe he misread me and assumed I wanted to go on a date with him or that I am looking for .a relationship. I just wanted to hook up and part of me is wondering if that was his way of saying I would just hook up with someone but don’t wanna date. So I guess I’m wondering if that approach sounded like I wanted to date him and that that scared him away a bit? Anybody got tips on how a girl should approach a guy at parties so that next time I’m in this situation I do it a bit better? Thanks :)

submitted by /u/squeamishradish
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/3b3fPQo
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages