25M — My longtime FWB 25F asked me if I actually care about her or just how she makes me feel. How would you take that? - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Monday, August 17, 2026

25M — My longtime FWB 25F asked me if I actually care about her or just how she makes me feel. How would you take that?

I’ve had a woman in my life for about six years. We met when we were younger, and we’ve had an on-and-off physical relationship ever since. We’ve never officially dated, but she’s never really been just a random hookup to me either.
We’ve known each other through a lot of different stages of life. I’ve listened to her talk about relationship problems, been around when she was going through difficult times, and I’ve known her since before she became a mother. I’ve even watched her son grow up from a distance. We’ve always had a friendship underneath the physical side, even though we don’t really talk about our feelings. We live about an hour and half from each other now, she moved.
We’ve gone through periods where we didn’t talk and then somehow ended up finding our way back to each other. Recently, I reached out to her because I missed her. We started talking again and eventually linked up.
The physical chemistry between us has always been really strong, and honestly, that’s probably a big part of why we’ve continued this for so long.
She’s single and has been dating/seeing other people recently. She told me she’s been in a bit of a “hoe phase” and has been more sexually active than usual. I know we’re not in a relationship, so technically she can do whatever she wants.
But after we recently reconnected, she asked me something that caught me completely off guard.
She asked:
“Do you actually care about me, or do you just care about how I make you feel?”
And then she started crying.
I honestly didn’t know what to say.
She’s never really asked me something like that before. We’ve always kept things pretty casual and physical, and neither of us has ever seriously pushed for a relationship.
So now I’m wondering what that question actually means coming from her.
Is she secretly wanting a relationship? Is she questioning whether our six-year history means anything to me? Is she afraid that I’ve only kept coming back because the physical chemistry is good? Or could she just be looking for reassurance that she actually matters to me as a person?
If she asked you that after six years of an on-and-off connection, how would you interpret it?
And if you were the guy in this situation, what would be going through your mind when she started crying and asked you that?
I’m not necessarily looking for “tell her to be your girlfriend” advice. I’m more interested in understanding what she might be trying to communicate and what you would think she was feeling in that moment.

submitted by /u/Daisytruly00
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/5ifauxK
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages