I (24M) am traumatized by the strangest no contact and ghosting from her (21F) - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Saturday, August 22, 2026

I (24M) am traumatized by the strangest no contact and ghosting from her (21F)

I (24M) have been close friends, though frankly it was far more a situationship, with a girl (23F) for 3 years. This meant calling and texting everyday, sometimes even all day. Some times were turbulent where minor critiques of her she'd disappear for weeks. One time she even disappeared for no reason at all for a month. But ultimately I really cared about her. Sadly, she and I weren't able to spend the time I really wanted to with her. In the handful of times we did, everything was so peaceful.

This past April she ghosted me for a month only to return with a phone call saying what would she do without me. We went back to talking daily and even had discussed plans to take a trip together. She called me her best friend just three days before she ghosted me for a weekend. She then called me 4 times at 11pm for the strangest phone call of my life. She said she was sleeping when I called back, but when I offered to call the next day she said "oh you got to go?" When I asked what she was up to the next day she said she was taking a vacation, but when I asked where to, she said "just kidding!" She then said (which she has before) she hopes I have a good life, but when I said I hope she has the best life, she said "l-o-l." When I said goodnight, she then said no goodbye. I said ok goodnight, she again said, no goodbye forever. When I paused, she asked why I wasn't hanging up so I said goodbye.

3 months past and she did not return my calls or texts. Worried about her, I called her from my work phone. She said, "I can't talk now, but can I call you back at a better time." I said of course. 2 weeks later, a friend in town offered for me to send her a heartfelt text from my phone. In the text, we offered her an offramp that she could tell me she doesn't want to talk if she doesn't feel the same about me. No response.

The next week, I was involved in a shooting/stabbing but am thankfully ok! My friend freaked out and actually texted her that. Minutes later I received a text from her saying that she does not want to communicate with me ever again and to not reach out to her again.

I feel completely blind sighted that she would not even care about if I'm alive or ok. I have no idea how to feel or what to even do. Was anything this girl said even true? How does one go from saying I'm her best friend to that wild phone call to her not caring I was in such an incident all within a few months. Literally one day before the ghosting she would say "sad" when I couldn't answer her calls.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.

submitted by /u/politicsdude131
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/hg5PCTw
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages