Am I overreacting for being turned off by how little appreciation she showed for her birthday? - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Am I overreacting for being turned off by how little appreciation she showed for her birthday?

I’ve been getting to know this woman for about a month. She likes me a lot, but I’m still figuring out if we’re compatible.

For her birthday, I planned dinner and bowling. When I told her the plans, her response was basically “ah interesting.” Later I made a cute itinerary with the restaurant, reservation time, and after-hours plans. She opened it but never acknowledged it at all.

The restaurant ended up being closed, so we ate nearby. Dinner was $133 and I paid, & also gifted her homemade cupcakes. She thanked me for the cupcakes, but never thanked me for dinner or the night overall.

Afterward we went to one of my favorite lake spots. She was affectionate and seemed happy, but still no “thank you for tonight,” “I had fun,” she went home & went to sleep, later asking if i made it home.

Normally I could overlook one missed thank-you, but I’ve also noticed she interrupts, talks over me, talks about herself a lot, and sometimes sounds unappreciative about what other people do for her.

Acknowledgment is important to me. I don’t need praise, but effort should be recognized.
Between the “ah interesting,” ignoring the itinerary, and no thank-you after a $133 birthday dinner, I’m honestly pretty turned off.

Would this bother you too, or am I putting too much weight on it?

submitted by /u/Blue_roses1240
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/jUauK9l
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages