I made a joke and he went off on me - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Sunday, August 16, 2026

I made a joke and he went off on me

I 22F met this guy 31M online a couple of weeks ago. We texted a couple of times, but we ended up hopping on a call and things immediately hit it off. The vibe was really good, and we just moved the majority, if not all, of our conversations to calls.

One thing to note is that from the very first day, he started calling me “baby girl.” As the weeks went by, it became “baby girl,” “love of my life,” “my love,” “my sweetheart,” “my darling,” etc. It was honestly a little weird to me, but I didn’t really think much of it.

Fast forward to last week. We would speak every day, if not every other day. On Tuesday, he called me in the morning, but unfortunately I missed the call. When I called him back and he picked up, he said he was busy and would call me back. He never did, and we didn’t speak for the rest of Tuesday or Wednesday.

On Thursday, he called me and jokingly i said something along the lines of, “Oh, so we haven’t spoken this whole time?” He said, “Wait, let me make it up to you. Can I take you out on a date on Saturday?” I agreed.

Throughout the time we had been talking, he had also been suggesting things like when I come to his place, what we would do, going on vacation together, etc. This was all happening despite us only knowing each other for a couple of weeks.

One thing about me is that I joke A LOT. I literally joke about everything, and by this point he knew that. He had even joked about me making more jokes and caught on and started the habit too.

During our last call, when we were talking about the date, he said, “So I’m going to see you on Saturday,” and I jokingly said, “What’s happening on Saturday?” and laughed.

His reaction completely caught me off guard.

He suddenly became disrespectful and very authoritative with me. It was such a drastic change from how he had been talking to me before that I genuinely felt uncomfortable.

And this is where I got confused, because I was actually really excited to meet him. I had been looking forward to the date, but after that interaction, I started thinking that maybe I shouldn’t go. I told myself if i wake up not feeling it i'll let him know before the date on Saturday . But thing is i told myself this for Saturday morning but ended waking up with my gut telling me something is off on Friday. I didnt want to risk going against it so I spoke to my friend about it, and she also agreed with me .

So I decided to postpone the date. I texted him the night before and explained that something had come up and asked if we could reschedule for another day. I didn’t tell him that I was postponing because of what happened during the call. I also didn’t say I didn’t want to see him again. I specifically asked to reschedule.

He hasn’t responded.

And honestly, I feel like he has probably seen the message. I don’t have read receipts, but based on how he normally communicated with me, if he hadn’t seen it, I feel like he would have called or checked in asking what was going on, especially since we were supposed to see each other.

What confuses me is that this is the same person who, days ago, was calling me “baby girl,” “my love,” “love of my life,” “my sweetheart,” “my darling,” suggesting vacations together and talking about me coming to his place.

Now I’ve simply postponed the date and he hasn’t said anything.

I’m not sure what to make of the sudden change in behavior. I also don’t think I should reach out again because I already said my part and left the door open to reschedule.

Am I overthinking this? What do you guys think happened here?

submitted by /u/Puzzleheaded-Sun3989
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/aZP3TqI
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages