Struggling to accept that I need to de-center men from my life... - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Sunday, September 22, 2024

Struggling to accept that I need to de-center men from my life...

I (24F) have been chronically dating (mostly finding ppl through dating apps) for the last two years. I broke up my year long polyamorous relationship (36M) & cut things off with my FWB (32M) of 4ish months.

One day it clicked that I'm dedicating most of my energy to engaging with these men. Even though I limited my interactions to once per week for each of them, I would obviously consider them in my alone time, fantasize, or yearn for their attention.

I was well aware that both relationships would inevitably end one day, so I asked myself, what's the harm in experimenting while I'm young? Enjoying casual sex? Engaging with older men who can speak on life experience I haven't encountered yet?

The problem is that I'm starting to accept women's brains respond differently to sex. Even though both of these dynamics offered me honest communication and consistent, valuable intimacy, I eventually found myself neglecting my own needs and schedule. I was willing to make personal sacrifices neither of them asked me to make. I put them both on a pedestal.

I don't have any regrets, ultimately I feel grateful to have followed my curiosity, and I am proud of myself for recently setting boundaries and breaking free.

But I am suffering as a single person, trying to accept this sudden void in my life and realizing I have been subconsciously seeking validation from men up to this point.

Can anyone relate? Does it become easier to stop hyper-focusing on men once your frontal lobe develops??

(For the record, I am a very independent person, who prides themselves on having many different hobbies and interests. But I am very sensitive, hopelessly romantic, and may have a victim/hero complex going on. Also still trying to expand my career options and have a lot of free time on my hands...)

submitted by /u/BeautifulAd5985
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/GPXj2bg
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages