How much do you share about a bad relationship? - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Friday, September 13, 2024

How much do you share about a bad relationship?

So, my ex and I started out really great, but over the course of our time together, the relationship turned sour. I find that when I talk about it, people use really serious words to describe the things I mention, which I'm... idk. At the moment, I'm like, were those things good, no, but... it makes me really uncomfortable and feels really disrespectful to my ex to use those words to describe what happened. In some areas, I'm like, OK, maybe people have a point, but in others, not so much.

Enter in my current situation. I'm seeing someone who is really great. He's making me realize a lot about a lot. But the tricky thing here is that because he is so kind and respectful and understanding, it's making me realize just how bad some things got with my ex. So, I'm kind of struggling a lot at the moment, because I really, really like this guy, but I feel like I'm also really struggling to come to terms with these realizations about my ex. I really, really don't want this to impact anything with the new guy.

But I feel like we're also both kind of noticing things anyway. For example, when things get heated and he goes to move me around, I'm finding I'm kind of automatically recoiling and asking what's going on, and then he kind of pauses, then tells me and waits for me to say okay and move back towards him before carrying on.

So, just noticing this, I'm not sure if it would be better just to be open and frank about the things that happened with my ex that weren't the best, or if it is better to leave the past in the past and we deal with things as they come up.

submitted by /u/SeaWay15
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/u5VCT3j
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages