How do I (25f) heal from the pain of giving so much in a relationship and not getting the same in return? - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Sunday, September 15, 2024

How do I (25f) heal from the pain of giving so much in a relationship and not getting the same in return?

My ex bf (23m) and I (25f) broke up last year but we had a pretty long limbo where we continued talking for a while. The relationship was about 2.5 years, basically 3. Everything ended healthily we were mature adults about it and honestly handled it quite well when it came down to having difficult conversations that led up to it.

What I’m struggling with now is how much of myself I gave in that relationship. The main idea why I started the convo to end the relationship was because I was putting in much more into the relationship than he was, he essentially wasn’t ready for a relationship. He wanted a gf but didn’t know how to be a bf.

I keep thinking about all the things I did for him and how much love I gave him and I can’t help but get really deeply sad about it. I feel really upset thinking about how much love I showed him and the lack of it that I got from him. He definitely loved me and I knew that and still know that but he was not able to make me feel loved to the extent I needed. Essentially I just feel really low in how much of myself I gave in the relationship and how much I didn’t get from the same relationship.

It hurts not getting reciprocated especially when I was patient with him and shared my love languages and shared the ways he can show me and make me feel loved. I spelt it out for him but didn’t get it. He really did try his best but it didn’t work out.

It’s an aching feeling. I just needed some help through this breakup. I’m still in love with him and I know he’s still in love with me but we just did not work.

Is there any advice at all anyone can give me on this situation?

tldr; I (25f) was in 3 year relationship with ex bf (23m) I gave a lot of myself in the relationship, I did a lot for him but I didn’t get much in return and now thinking about this is making me feel really hurt, and it’s an aching feeling thinking of how he didn’t show me love like I needed. I need help with this aching feeling

submitted by /u/Best-Wear5242
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/Ww3yx0U
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages