Advice on my jealousy situation - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Advice on my jealousy situation

Hello,

My girlfriend of years recently left me after a string of times we were out with friends and I got jealous because I felt like all of her attention went to one person. I suspected she liked this person, and it seemed like every time we went out she was super bubbly and excited to see him and wanted to be around him the entire time. She would laugh at everything he said, even if it clearly was not funny. I think at times I gave her the cold shoulder for this, and she became upset by that.

However, on the day she wanted to take a break that led to our breakup, she admitted to “really liking” the guy she always talks to when we’re out. Also, that morning when we woke up at the house we partied at, I was sleeping upstairs and come downstairs to her sleeping very close to him on a couch. Not cuddling, but faces in close proximity. There was a selfie on her phone of them when it was still dark, it almost looked like in the selfie she was laying back on him (I saw the selfie when I was sending myself pictures of us on her phone).

I’ve gotten jealous multiple times about the amount of attention she gives this person, but I’ve never yelled or acted out. Later that day when I was over her house, I saw the selfie, and all I said is, “Don’t you think this is a little weird?” Instead of having a conversation about it she immediately shut down and clearly wanted me to leave her house.

I’m very lost on where I went wrong. Over time, she’s said multiple times, “I don’t like him,” or, “I’m allowed to have guy friends.” But as it turns out, she admitted to liking him. I’m kicking the hell out of myself for not just getting over the jealousy and discomfort because our relationship was so good 99% of the time. It just seemed like this little problem held us back when we were out on the weekends, maybe 10 times or so.

I’m just looking for some advice on what I should make of this. How can it not be understood that sleeping near another guy is going to make me uncomfortable? If I realized it was crazy for me to be jealous about the amount of attention she gives him, is it wrong that I couldn’t get over it? Especially when she admitted to “liking” him?

Also, after our breakup my friend saw another picture of her sleeping even closer to the same guy a few weekends ago. He said it looked like she really tried to be near or on him this time. Doesn’t that show that she thinks she can act the same way in or out of a relationship? Like the same boundaries apply in a relationship as when she’s single? Doesn’t seem right to me.

submitted by /u/InsuranceSudden
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/39wboz8
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages