For those in small town USA, how did you meet your significant other? - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Sunday, December 27, 2020

For those in small town USA, how did you meet your significant other?

24/F. I had my first serious relationship end fall of last year and I’ve been single since then with a few dates. Being honest, I miss being in a relationship. It’s taken me a long time to even want to get back into seriously dating and then of course covid happened, so I’ve been staying home.

I also moved to a small town at the end of last year. Before, I was living in a suburban area/college town which adds another layer of difficulty in meeting people my age. I am now working from home as well, likely permanently, so I barely go anywhere, other than grocery stores , gas stations, sometimes restaurants, etc.

In the past I’ve dabbled in dating apps, mostly bumble. When I lived in the college town, of course there were a lot more possible matches. I’ve tried using dating apps again since moving but there isn’t a whole lot of potential matches and the one that there are, are not the sort I want to match with. I’ve went on dates from dating apps and have mostly not been impressed.

I never seem to have any luck in just running into someone while I am out running errands. Most of my friends live across the state (back near the college town) ask I don’t see them much and they can’t really set me up with anyone.

So basically, I live in the sticks. The closest social scene to me is a Winn Dixie, a gas station, a Wendy’s, and there are a couple or restaurants/bars. I’ve never been big into just hanging out in bars (at least by myself), but because of covid I have not been going out. If I were to drive 30 minutes, there are a few more restaurants/bars and a Walmart.

I’ve joined a local organization for young professionals but I have not met any available guys.

I was just curious if there was anyone that had advice from a similar situation? Is there certain hours that a prime time to meet someone at the grocery store? Lol

submitted by /u/throwyaway96
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/38zgmsM
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages