AITI? Am I the idiot/being naive? - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Wednesday, January 27, 2021

AITI? Am I the idiot/being naive?

I’ve (36F) been using Bumble off and on for a couple of years, and in my experience, after a match the conversation either takes off after I initiate or I never get a response and the match expires.

Until today. I matched last night with a guy who mentioned a recent relocation in his profile. Didn’t get an immediate response (not just a ‘hi’, I commented on something in a photo) so I pretty much thought he’d let it expire. This morning he responded to my joke and then said he was only responding so the match didn’t expire. He said he was busy with a couple life-changing events, wanted to get to know me but wouldn’t be available until next week.

I responded, let him know I understood and I was looking forward to hearing about an activity he mentioned he has coming up. Haven’t heard from him again, and his location has changed a few times today so he’s still active.

Has anyone ever successfully had a conversation begin this way? I think I’m a little jaded by OLD, but I’m wondering if I’m just being naive? Or if I should just let the chips fall where they may and wait him out?

submitted by /u/LostOnAMtn
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/2NK4oFZ
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages