Did I Ask for Too Much? - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Did I Ask for Too Much?

It was an on&off relationship for a year and a half.

For the first three months, over the summer, it was great. We argued a bit but that's it. We made it official after those 3 months, but also went back to college 2 hours away. I noticed he stopped trying as much. The compliments stopped coming. I never knew if I was going to see him that upcoming weekend until a day or two before. He didn't communicate well. He never called.

I just liked reassurance and words of affirmation. When I'd tell him this, he'd get all stressed and upset. I just felt like there was a lack of affection.

After breaking up & making up for a year, I realized he has not called me beautiful or pretty in a year. He still never said he loved me. He knew my trust was broken, but did nothing to fix it. He never really called unless I asked. He took me on a nice date when we made up, but stopped again. If we argued he'd stonewall me a bit. We wouldn't see each other for two weeks, and we would not call or facetime.

I just wanted someone to let me know they cared more often. If texting was our main source of communication, I wanted more effort put into it. He said he was going through a lot, but he has been saying that for a year.

I feel guilty, like I was high maintenance, even though I went 50/50 on dates, drove to see him just as much, and really valued just laying in bed and watching moves. Maybe I was annoying and emotional, but idk anymore.

submitted by /u/idkaproperusername
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/3cjgW1s
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages