What kind of expectation do you hold for your partner? Am I being overly emotional about this situation? Could use help/advice - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Saturday, January 30, 2021

What kind of expectation do you hold for your partner? Am I being overly emotional about this situation? Could use help/advice

I’m(21f) in a serious relationship with my bf(22m) for over 2 years. We are both in college, but due to the pandemic, I am now at home about two hours away while he lives off campus near the college. This has turned our relationship into long distance, with us seeing each other maybe every 2 weeks, either him stopping by mine or I drive there and stay a few days. However, with it being my last year at college and being in an intensive program, my schedule during the semester is very constrained, much more compared to his. This results in us seeing each other being dependent on my schedule. With the background out of the way, here’s the situation. I was supposed to go up to see him Friday and stay through the weekend. It was my only chance to do that due to the semester getting tougher and exams starting. The day before, I was talking to him about going up Friday, but then said that I shouldn’t go up anymore cause he has plans with other people, more specifically his roommates, for tonight. That of which I said I could work around, study in the meanwhile while he hangs out with them, not a problem for me cause I’m very COVID conscious and don’t live hanging out with group of people indoors(of which he knows). It first started as an invitation to hang out with but I didn’t want to. However, he began to say things like ‘oh you shouldn’t, I want to hang out with them cause they’re not going to be able to any other time after because their classes are gonna get hard.’ This hurt cause that’s the exact reason with me, why this would have been the only time I could have visited and stayed with him. He also knew that after this weekend, it would be at least a month before we can see each other due to my schedule. Also, he’s with his roommates, hanging out, doing stuff every day of the week. We have an otherwise healthy relationship and both love each other. Although long distance has been bit of a strain because all we can do is text or call since he doesn’t like watching movies together over apps or even FaceTiming. As a result, I got(and still am) very upset and emotional about this cause he blew off my plans to see him for. It seems like he doesn’t care about my feelings or what I have going on. I have not been able to see friends since the start of the pandemic and he knows that by going to his, it is the only chance I get to have away from my house and family. I told him how upset all that made me and still treats it as if there was nothing that could be done. Any sort of apology just upsets me more cause it could have been avoided and to me, actions speak louder than words. So now, I’m sitting at home doing schoolwork, which is all I ever do these days cause there is nothing else for me to do, while he is having fun with his friends. Am I overreacting/being over emotional with this situation? Should he have taken my feelings about the situation into consideration when deciding on what to do?(I often times feel like he doesn’t) How can I somehow work through this hurt/pain without being more upset towards him? Any advice or response about this situation is much appreciated

submitted by /u/lilox29
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/2MFVXuU
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages