Context I’m 27F and my boyfriend is 27M and we are in India
My boyfriend and I have been together since May 2025, and officially became a couple in September. At the start, things felt genuinely romantic. I had fairly strict parents and didn’t get much space to experience a relationship openly before, so even small things meant a lot to me—holding hands, him noticing me, going out together, feeling chosen.
Over the past few months, though, we have been fighting constantly. We used to go out often, but now we barely spend time together outside. Most of the time he comes over to my place because he lives with family, usually after an argument, and we end up making up through sex. Then the same issues return. It feels like a loop rather than a relationship getting better.
Today we went to a movie after almost a month of not spending proper time together. I had dressed up and was excited. I know a compliment is not the most important thing in a relationship, but I expected something small like “you look nice.” Instead, the first thing he said was that my eyes looked sleepy. He also didn’t hold my hand initially. When I told him I felt hurt, he said we were rushing and he had his helmet and phone in his hands. Later in the theatre he did try to hold my hand, but by then I was already upset.
After the movie, I suggested we go to a nice brewery for dinner. We found a table with three chairs: two across from each other and one beside one of them. I wanted him to sit next to me because the music was loud and I wanted to feel close and actually talk. He said he preferred sitting across from me because he wanted to see my face. When I pushed a little, he said something along the lines of not liking the side angle.
That completely hurt me. It may sound small, but it connected to a bigger feeling I’ve been carrying for months: I keep asking him to make me feel special, wanted, and emotionally close, but I don’t feel that from him anymore.
We fought and left. He dropped me home on his bike, but I cried the whole way. He didn’t come upstairs, call, or text afterward. I know I yelled too, and I’m not saying I handled everything perfectly. But I have repeatedly tried to communicate that I need affection, intentional dates, kind words, and basic reassurance.
Am I being too sensitive and expecting too much from small gestures? Or is this a sign that we are no longer meeting each other’s emotional needs?
[link] [comments]
from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/MLI7xJz
via IFTTT
No comments:
Post a Comment