Not sure what I'm doing wrong on first dates - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Not sure what I'm doing wrong on first dates

Over the past year, I've gone on a few dates with men that approached me first, seemed into the date, and seemed positive about it after, but never contacted me again, and I'm not sure what is going on.

For context, I am a 22 year old woman and I have been on a lot of dates (just being honest) in my life. I feel like I have a pretty good idea of what a good/bad date seems like, but this is making me doubt myself.

There are two guys that have especially been bothering me. The first I met on a dating app, we had a common interest and he was very enthusiastic. We went on a casual date, and he was all over me during it (like really a lot). At the end of the date, he said he had a great time and would love to do it again, and kissed me goodbye, but immediately after the date became distant and we never saw each other again.

The other guy slid in my dms on Instagram and again seemed really into me. He planned a date, we hung out and it was not spectacular but also fine. He again initiated physically at the end of the date and texted me after saying he had a "ball" but then it went nowhere after that.

In both cases, I wouldn't say that i felt a huge spark, and conversation was not flowing super well, but in both cases I thought they were good-looking guys who checked a lot of my boxes, and I would've been happy to try again and get to know them a bit better.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong/should change. In the past, I've been in relationships in which the spark was instant and intense but we were not compatible at all on a deeper level, and they were disastrous relationships. I am trying to be more intentional with dating, but having trouble after these. It's starting to seem like I'm incapable of getting into a relationship if it doesn't start with a hookup and that is kind of a bummer.

submitted by /u/winewinewine69
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/WScPXU1
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages