I abruptly ended a low-effort situationship after a week of silent treatment and blocked him. Was his polite response just an ego defense? - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Thursday, September 3, 2026

I abruptly ended a low-effort situationship after a week of silent treatment and blocked him. Was his polite response just an ego defense?

I was recently seeing a guy for two months. The dynamic was high-voltage and great when we were together—high intimacy, warm energy, and no drama on my end. However, looking back, the effort was entirely lopsided:

He would happily come over to my place for intimacy, but consistently avoided/refused hosting me at his home.

There was a lack of consistent communication or planning. Agreed to have me take him out for his bday last month and never followed through in setting a date/time.

After a great night together a few weeks ago, he suddenly went silent for a full week. I should preface this was the 2nd time he’s done this to me. I’ve been watching his behavior very closely and observing the trends and also going with the flow because I too am busy, but I could feel myself starting to get feelings slightly. I’ve never played the card if “ hey can we talk” or “what’s going on”. He is a man and I feel like he’s fully capable of showing up as one.

Instead of chasing him or asking what was wrong, I decided I was done accepting breadcrumbs. I sent a decisive, calm text letting him know this dynamic didn't work for me, wished him well, and immediately removed/blocked him on social media.

His response was hesitant and performative:

Me: Hey, I’ve enjoyed our time together, but I dont think this serves me as our interests dont feel aligned.

Him: Hey…ummm I understand you and I respect that. Sucks cause I’ve enjoyed our time too but no hard feelings I really get what your saying :)

Me: I dont feel like there’s been a genuine interest in getting to know me beyond what we’ve been doing, and that doesnt feel good to me. Wish you the best.

Him: I understand that, and that wasn’t my intentions to make you feel that way, but I understand how some actions and our overall dynamic didn’t feel good, especially with the head space I’m in rn so it makes sense… I wish you the best too!

I left his text on complete read and haven't said a word since.

I’m looking for perspectives on a few things:

  1. Why do men go radio silent for a week after a great encounter, expecting a woman to just wait around? Disclaimer: the first time was at the beginning for two weeks and he blamed it on work and being busy.

  2. Is his hesitant, polite response ("no hard feelings," "headspace," smiley face) a ego-defense to save face?

  3. Did cutting off his access cold-turkey (IG block + total silence) impact him?

I also feel really hurt by this for some reason all of a sudden. Though I pulled the trigger I haven’t really been in this position to just cut someone off.

Curious to hear thoughts from anyone who has navigated or analyzed this kind of low-effort guy behavior or personal feelings like this.

submitted by /u/DifficultOil1956
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/ZpwELzc
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages