She said no weeks ago, but kept coming to talk to me now - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Saturday, September 12, 2026

She said no weeks ago, but kept coming to talk to me now

Both of us are 16. Maybe this isn't the right sub for this, but I'd hope to get some opinions. Sorry for the long post.

There is this girl whom I really like. Well, long story short: We're at the same sports club. I've liked her for probably a bit more than a year and a half (and even longer, but didn't have the courage to start talking before that) Well, last year we started really talking, and it went on this year too. It seemed like it could be mutual interest. She was much more friendly than she needed to be, was interested about how I was feeling, what happened to me, etc. Usually, I was the one starting the conversation, but we both kept it going.... About two weeks before the end of school, I finally got the courage to ask her out. She didn't really gave me an answer. In the last week I asked her again, and she rejected me, even though it seemed like she reluctantly said the "No".

Well, the holidays passed. I missed her quite much, but I tried to understand that a no was a no. Now, about 10 weeks later, I saw her again yesterday, after all this long time. I tried keeping my distance, because I know how much I still like her, and being just close friends would hurt (I wouldn't want to rush anything, I'd just like to spend more time with her at first, outside of sports club). And what did she do? She tried starting conversations, tried coming to me. Even though I tried ignoring her at first (not proud of it though), she didn't give up. She tried and tried. And then I gave in, and she started the conversation. The first thing she did was asking about me. And we started talking while we did an exercise together. We could've ended the exercise quite fast, but we didn't. I think we both wanted to keep talking and we laughed and were happy. She answered to my questions with so many details too. We only finished the exercise when our trainer already asked us for the 4th time if we we're finished (and we only finished because we didn't want him to ask us a 5th time too). She told me it was good. At the very end when sports ended, she also waited for me, so we could high-five each other, but she only did this with me.

And now my dumbass has hope again. I just found it so nice. She's so wonderful and funny. I love talking with her and being with her. I think I've honestly not smiled this bright as I do right now since the last time I've seen her. Who knows how it will be next time at sports, but I found yesterday nice, and I hope it continues.

I wanted to ask your opinions on this. Do you think there may be still a chance? Or could it really be that this would still mean nothing? If you knew someone had feelings for you, and you don't reciprocate, would you really try this actively to talk with them? Would you still give them more attention than you give to others? Could it be that it's more complicated than a simple "no"? I don't really know anymore. I'd honestly love to go to her next time at sports and start the conversation, but what if this doesn't mean anything? I'd love to hear your thoughts, and again, sorry for the long post.

submitted by /u/Grey-Jedi_9
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/ho8zZMx
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages