Not sure how to wrap my head around this, so here's the context:
Me (34m) and this person (30f) match in a dating app a couple of weeks ago. After some brief interaction on the app, we exchange numbers and start texting out of the app, and the conversation keeps having a nice pace for 3-4 days. She asks me out for drinks for the next day but I tell her I would be out of the city for the next week, so I propose to see each other a week from there, on the day I would be back. We keep the conversation brief for the next 6-7 days, but on the day before we confirm the date.
The date happens (a couple of weeks ago, sunday) and it goes smoothly: good chemistry, curiosity from both sides to know each other more, common interests and life experiences, a little flirting; she is the one asking for a second round at the bar and is cool on taking a walk to finish it while the bar is closing; when asked to go for a last one she agrees with a smile and we have good time in a place that seemed waaay to old fashioned for the both of us, but we end up liking.
I offer to give her a scooter ride home, since it's already late for public transportation, and she accepts. When we arrive at her place, I tell her that I enjoyed the time spent together and propose to see each other again later that week or on the next weekend, to which she agrees enthusiastically, even if she would have her sister come along at some point in the following days. We kiss each other goodbye on the cheeck briefly and then, after a second, I kiss her on the lips and we keep at it for a while. After some time, we say goodnight and we part ways (not gonna push for anything more than that on a first date, unless she directly shows otherwise).
After that, the communication starts being way less smooth. I'm far from texting her all the time, but the couple of texts I send her on the next days take at least 12 hours to get a response. After texting her on last Friday morning if she would be up to seeing each other on a Sunday, she replies the next day at evening telling me that, even tho the plan sounded nice, she was away all weekend; and since the next week she would have friends over it would be difficult. she adds "but let's talk later" with a smile.
Kind of frustrated bc, at this point, I'm not sure if I misread the situation or something actually made her change her mind after the date. Or maybe I'm just overly anxious and should give her the time to propose a second date.
I'm obviously overthinking it, any advice on how to interpret this "change" of attitude?
[link] [comments]
from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/YgqpEHZ
via IFTTT
No comments:
Post a Comment