What would you think if your partner made you sleep in the guest room? - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Sunday, September 20, 2026

What would you think if your partner made you sleep in the guest room?

I'm (28F) have been dating this guy (26M) for about 6 weeks. Unfortunately, I suffer from anxiety surrounding eating, sleeping, and travelling. I'm working through it with a therapist, but there's some things I haven't gotten round to dealing with yet, such as sleeping in the same bed as someone else.

Nevertheless, we decided to try last Friday. I had disclosed this anxiety issue before and I just got home from travelling for work (which is still a bit of an anxiety trigger). After doing breathing exercises to calm myself down for about 2 hours I asked him to move to the guest room.

Obviously I am going to discuss this with my therapist, but one of the things I thought of that might help me to take small steps is to make the guest room the default for now whenever he sleeps over. Of course I am going to discuss this with him but I'd like to hear your opinion too:

What would you think if your partner (or not-quite-yet-partner) would ask you to sleep in the guest room due to anxiety issues?

submitted by /u/loverlose
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/cI0O3BJ
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages