I met a guy from hinge last week (both late 20s). The first date was perfect. I realised I liked him on the date and there were no red flags. He walked me home and told me at the door he wanted to see me again. He texted me that night and the next day organised a second date. Initially it was only a few hours between texts.
He organised a second date and asked if I wanted to do dinner at his place. It was a sweet message and my friends said they would say yes but personally I am scared to go to man's house after just one date. I said I'd rather go out and he said he understood and said he'd pick me up to go to a restaurant. The next night he texts that he's still at work and may be running late but is looking forward to seeing me. Then he very apologetically cancelled because of a problem at work and asked to reschedule the next day for lunch during his break. He had an early flight the next morning for a competition over the weekend and wanted to see me before he left. I usually think it's a hell no when men cancel but he was really apologetic and I was tired that night so I was fine with it.
We had lunch the next day. It was nice and I was still crushing, I got home and even called my friend to tell her how much I liked him. I went about my day but he did not message. I was overthinking all day. I considered messaging first but I am anxious about doing that so I didn't. He ended up texting in the early morning before his flight. I assumed he was busy with work and preparing for his flight so I thought I was just overthinking.
Since then I waited a few hours to respond, not too long but not too quick that it was like pestering him. I usually prefer a few hours in between texts anyway unless its for planning. He responded a few hours later too, then I responded again a few hours later. Well since then I've been left on delivered for over 24 hours. I've posted two stories and he's watched them both but still not replied. He has posted stuff at the competition he's at but is he really too busy to respond?
I am usually not like this. I have not liked a guy like this in a long time and I don't know what to do. I like him a lot. It seemed like he liked me too but maybe not. We didn't kiss or have any physical touch yet so maybe he's gotten bored and after some time realised he's not interested. I hate that I'm spiralling this way but if he isn't interested I'd rather just let it go and move on. I'm ready for something serious and I don't want to suffer through this horrible side of dating ever again. Is it unreasonable of me to think over 24 hrs without a text while also viewing my stories means a man is not interested enough? Am I overthinking it all? All his messages before this are really sweet and show that he likes me. How long should I give this before I write him off as wasting my time? I don't want him to think he can go as long as he wants without messaging me and I'll just be here waiting for him.
ALSO is a second date as dinner at his place a sign he just wants sex? He hasn't been lustful in any way on the dates, which has been a big reason I like him. But he is nerdy so maybe he's just waiting to get me somewhere private.
[link] [comments]
from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/a5xCQv7
via IFTTT
No comments:
Post a Comment