22M never been on a date, help please! - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Saturday, October 28, 2023

22M never been on a date, help please!

I'm not planning on dating anytime soon, I gotta become a little more stable first. But I want to, and plan to, as soon as I can.

I've had relationships before, but haven't been on a single "date". Each time it was a friend, who became more than a friend later. The idea of there being pressure never even occured to me cause we were just friends.

Anyways, here I am now. 22 years old, with 0 date experience.

My main concern is talking about my past. It's probably gonna come up, seems like something you would talk about on a first date right? So when the inevitable conversation comes up, how can I avoid making it too depressing?

A big part of my teenage years was just being depressed, isolated, and socially anxious, along with tons of other shit. So I can't twist it to make it sound pretty. It would make anyone understandably uncomfortable, and I don't wanna "trauma dump" on an unsuspecting victim.

Have any of you dealt with something similar?

Am I overthinking this?

Could I just vaguely say "its kind of a bummer topic but if you're curious I'm happy" to share?

Everyones dealt with bs growing up, so what's the first date ettiquette to talking about it?

Basically, how can I keep it light?

Any other general tips would be appreciated too. Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/Fantastic-Arrival556
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/URbA6Qe
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages