How do I tell if a woman is actually flirting with me or if I'm just reading too much into it? - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Thursday, October 26, 2023

How do I tell if a woman is actually flirting with me or if I'm just reading too much into it?

I have had several moments where I suspect women were flirting with me, but I can't confirm it, and I don't want to look presumptuous, so I tend to lean towards "no". But I want to know if my suspicions are correct or not.

I'm an avid social dancer, especially with west coast swing dance, and I've had multiple women who seem a bit more eager than most to do close-embrace position (a dance position in which your bodies touch above the waist, while it's common in other dances such as blues, zouk, or bachata, it's uncommon, although not unheard of, in West coast swing). One of them always makes sure to tell me how great it is to see me grow in dance, always thanks me for the dance by saying something like "thank you, my dear" (thanking someone after a dance is normal, calling someone like "dear" isn't.)

Another one, when we were told that there was cake just before we were about to dance, grabbed my hand, ran me over to where there was cake, and then excitedly ate with me.

Another time, I was sitting down in a group conversation with others, she walked up to me and hugged me, she pressed her chest into my face, I'm not sure if it was intentional or not.

These are just some examples. I err towards assuming they're not flirting or showing any interest in me, because I don't want to be seen as presumptuous, like I'm That Guy who assumes any woman who's nice to him just wants to fuck him. Especially since it's a common complaint from women in the social dance scene that men tend to go there to hit on them.

So how can I know for sure if they're flirting or if it's me reading too much into an action?

submitted by /u/CthulhusIntern
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/5Wzjyeb
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages