I'm afraid the person I've been seeing can't handle being treated well - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Thursday, May 13, 2021

I'm afraid the person I've been seeing can't handle being treated well

The first thing that raised a red flag for me was when she mentioned a past relationship in that she had stayed in for 5 years, despite this guy treating her like crap and making her feel like she was never good enough (her own words). I was concerned, but let it slide in my mind, I guess.. it was her first relationship and she claimed to have hated it (why stay so long though??). The second thing was that she confided in me that her dad was always extremely hard on her and always criticized. It's also weird that she actually verbalized wanting to be treated well. I've never said that to someone and just always figured that's to be assumed.. she trying to convince herself?

Well it's difficult to really tease out cause and effect, because there are definitely external things going on and life circumstances.. but I think I'm picking up a pattern. It seems like when I give compliments or express my interest in her, she kinda pulls away and treats me with more indifference. Times where I've gotten mad at her or called her out on her shit, she seems to start acting nicer/more interested and makes an effort to pull me back in.

I'm really not down with this. I'm not comfortable in the "asshole" role, so if that's what I have to do to keep her engaged, then I'd rather just bail. My only real concern is that this is all in my head or that something else is making her act this way. I also can't decide if I should just bail without saying anything or at least talk about it first.

submitted by /u/Xein
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/3hmcZeD
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages